Friday, August 1, 2008

Sweet Strawberry Beer

With all the cafe talk from my last post, I couldn't help share with you a very summery alcoholic drink called un demi-fraise, which means that it's beer ("un demi" designates a beer in French) and strawberry syrup. My local Central Market sells many flavors of fruit syrups but if you can't find any, I very easily found pomegranate syrup (grenadine) in the alcohol aisle (where you find the martini mixers) of a general grocery store. It's not strawberry but it works just fine.


Chill your beer glass in the fridge or the freezer. When ready to serve, pour about 2 tablespoons of strawberry syrup in the glass and gently pour the chilled beer. Enjoy your demi-fraise! It's so fruity. Even if you're not a beer fan, I would really encourage you try it!

1 comment:

mcsteans said...

This sounds great! I remember having a pumpkin beer once (it was special at a restaurant for October) and it was delicious.